draining ch syatem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ello boys happy easter.

I need to drain my ch system.
It is an ideal classic boiler running to a cyclinder via a diverter valve.

am i right in thinking, that i need to tie up the ballcock on the smal header tank in the loft and then just open one of the rad inspection valves and basically drain all the water off??

to refill the system, do i just need one rad in the bleed position or will i need to bleed them all individually??

Cheers

Lee

Sponsored Links
dunno what u mean by inspection valve ..?

u need to attach a hose to a drain valve and open it. (having tied up the ball valve in the small tank)

to refill...dont forget inhibitor, close the drain..and let he ball valve down. u need to bledd each rad individually...start at the bottom ones

And don't neglect to switch off the heating system entirely before you starting draining.

Sponsored Links
all right...a couple of small points (specially switching it off !! :oops: )

to refill...dont forget inhibitor,??????

and lock the 3 port open with the lever when filling????

now you got me :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

why do you need to drain the system?

if the above has foxed you it would be advisable to get a reputable company in to do the work for you

Just an idea not having a pop at your abilities but you cannot gleam the nescessary experiance in dealing with a reasonable major CH job from posts on a diy web site.

i just want to change the rad ( which is off) to a heated towel rail.
I need to drain system so i can alter the pipework to suit the towel rail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back