Draining CH system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a conventional CH system, HW cylinder in the airing cupboard and CH header tank in the loft. After finishing decorating my house (removed all rads at one time or another), I am wanting to drain and re-fill with a fresh dose of inhibitor. I have drained CH several times but always find it a messy job as the downstairs rads are fed from above. Because of this all the downstairs rads need draining individually from the drain off's on each rad. Here is where it gets messy.....the drain off's are the inline type, not the angled type. The square screw which needs removing to drain is insude the drain off, so I can't add a hose pipe to the drain off, then remove screw.

Previously, I have had to remove screw with hose at the ready and as soon as it is out, push the hose onto the drain.

Is there a technique to draining these to minimize getting black CH water on my new carpets / freshly painted walls?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back