draining down system

Here are two photographs, one of the boiler and one of the header tank.

The vertical pipes that are at the side of the cylinder and run up to the header tank are as follows going from the left.

1. vent 15mm
2. water feed to cylinder from header tank 22mm
3. Another vent pipe 22mm
4. mains water supply to header tank 15mm

There was also label attached to the cylinder which disintegrated when I took it off, but I've taken a picture of the bits :D

I would be grateful if you could confirm what type of system it is.

Sponsored Links

Interesting. I have not seen that cylinder before. :eek: It appear to be a indirect cylinder, not primatic, well sort of, with a cold feed inside for heating and no vent inside, that is why is plumbed outside on flow pipe.
I can see the word " The Primary ". I'll google the web.

You can try refill by filling up the cylinder and it will fill up heating at the same time. If there is no water going in heating, maybe there a blocked cold feed inside cylinder.

I would go with replace cylinder and new f + e.

Let see what Seco say. :)

Dan.

Many thanks to both you for your help.

I think I will install a new f and e and cylinder. To do this I assume that I do the following:

1)Move the vent pipe that's attached to the top cylinder coil pipe to the new f and e tank.

2) add a new pipe to the 28mm pipe that is attached to the bottom of the cylinder coil and run this new pipe to the water feed pipe at the bottom of the new f and e tank.

It sounds simple but like all DIY jobs I'm sure its not :)

Sponsored Links
heres a gravity hw pumped heating set up
with a indirect cylinder.
you can also convert it to a c plan system then you'll have control
over your hw temp etc.
clip_image002.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back