Draining Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

I am about to undertake a complete revamp of our en-suite which will need me to drain the heating system in order to remove a radiator and install a new towel rail in a different position. My problem is that I have never drained a system down completely before. Any advice you could provide would be very gratefully received.

The boiler is a Combi-boiler (a Worcester Highflow Plus 3.5). It has a draining point and also one of the radiators downstairs has a draining point. I read somewhere about "re-pressuring the system after draining it"?

Sponsored Links
I suggest you use the seach icon in these forums, for more details, basically switch off boiler at mains, drain system at lowest point,do plumbing, re pressurise and bleed

To save time and also conserve any water treatment in your system turn off all your rad valves and lockshield valves to keep your rads FULL of water.Then you need only drain the pipework. Of course you do need one open rad and bleed valve to let the air in the top..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back