No heat after draining system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put some sludge remover liquid in my heating system because 2 of the radiators wernt working.

I drained the system last nite to get rid of it, filled the tank and radiators and bled the radiators.

Now when i turn on the heating none of the radiators warm up.

The boiler seems to be running ok (the pipe out of the boiler is hot) but the pump mite be a bit more noisy than it was before (cant really remember what it sounded like before). The heat doesent seem to be geting as far as the house.

Would this be an airlock somewhere between the boiler and the house and if so how would i get rid of it as i cant find a bleed valve along those pipes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
have you tried bleeding the pump? (large screw in the middle of it)

Yea i had bled the pump, but thanks anyway breezer.

Was working on it all last nite and have finally got it sorted :D

I took the furthest heater from the boiler off the wall and attached a hose to one of the pipes on the wall, ran it outside, turned on the pump and let it run for about 10 mins then connected to other pipe and done the same. loads of air came out so there must have been a major air pocket somewhere but it clear now.

All the radiators are scorching hot now this morning so i think im goin to have to turn down the heat on the boiler now :D

It probably wasnt a text book procedure (and i think i nearly melted my hose) but it working now so im happy.

Just have to get the system balanced up now properly and i should be cooking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back