Drains rods stuck

Sponsored Links
If there is another manhole further down stream then it may be possible to push them to that manhole and recover them by pulling them out from there. You may need to borrow a few more rods.

Other wise dig, and open up the pipe. If they ae stuck as a point then maybe it is a damaged pope and digging will be nexessary to repair the pipe.

Sorry, forgot to mention, they are on the roof :eek:

IMG_6470.PNG

It's a job I'm on today, I just looked up to see where about the SVP is and saw 8mtrs of rods in the gutter :LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Possibly left up there by whoever cleared the gutters last. I know two people that have a rod set left on their roof just for this reason.

Mind you - the roof is a fair bit higher and bigger than this example.

Someone tried to unblock the drain.

Worst thing is they have dug all over the garden to find the pipe then given up and left the mess for us.

IMG_6471.JPG

:eek: ... For Fooks Sake .... :eek:

I'd be getting the polis onto them for that nonsense!! Got to be a law against that somewhere!!

I'm sure the emus got something got do with it. Wouldn't trust that bird further than I could throw it.

I used to share drain duties with a colleague on the Council, he'd do one week, I'd do next, etc. If we were quiet, he'd ring himself up with a job to get a callout... :LOL:

Went to a job one day, opened the back of the van, and half the rods were missing. I made the mistake of asking my colleague where the missing kit was, he informed me it was in 'Park Road'. When I enquired further, he told me they were down some woman's sewer.... It aspired he'd put about 20 rods down a drain to try and unblock it, and only got 3 back.... :whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back