Draught Through New Double Glazing Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently built a new bungalow and the windows have been installed now about 10 months. Now that we are into the windy cold weather I have noticed a draught coming through the windows.

We have roller blinds in all the windows but when the roller blinds are closed there is a real bad draught coming from the side of the blinds which is that strong the pull cord of blind actually starts swinging!
If you put the back of your hand to the side of the blinds when they are down you can clearly feel the draught.

We have found our new house hard to heat and does not retain the heat when the heating is then turned off.

We do have the vents but they are closed and I can feel no draught coming from them.

The only information I have on the windows is that they are Rehau with 4mm Optifloat clear

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Open the blind and check if you still have draught? I'm guessing it may be temperature difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back