Drayton digistat RF2 wireless system - PROBLEM!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Wonder if you can help! I am having problems with my Drayton digistat RF2 wireless system, Basically what is happening is when the temperatures are set on timer and click on I cant seem to adjust the temperature below 26 Degrees without the flame signal going off and the boiler clicking off! When i go to decrease the temperature to below 26 degrees the flame symbol disapears and the the full boiler turns off! To make it click on again i have to press the increase button to 26 and the flame appears and the temperature comes back on turning the boiler on again! I have rest it, took the batteries out in turn until the display fades but it still does the same, it is driving me mad! obviousaly this isnt ideal in the middle of summer and the house being at 26 degrees or the other option is to turn it off but then i wont have any hot water!

Have you any suggestions? It would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
i thought the rf2 was for controlling the heating only, why do you think it does the hot water too?

its been a while since my last nightmare on these but does pressing select, plus and minus not also reset it?

if not and you have tried new batteries i would guess the transmitter was faulty if its not reading the temperature right.

Hi

Thanks for reply! As you can probably tell im not to good with things like these! I just thought when i heard it click of it meant my hot water would be off also? If it doesn't then im glad as its one less thing to worry about!

Yeah i have reset it holding the buttons also, and changed the batteries! Its really frustrating, its just not letting me decrease the temp! well it is but as soon as i get lower than 26 degrees the flame goes off and the boiler clicks off!

Thank you for your help!

It controls room temp only.
If the water is not coming on, then either the water is already at the semp set by the t/stat. Or you have a fault.
Im not a plumber but have rf2

Sponsored Links
Ah right! No the water is still hot and on, but i thought it might of just been what was left in the tank as it only started playing up last night! Thats when i noticed the heating never come on but water was still on!

Am i thinking rightly that if i wanted to turn the heating down i would just use the minus button to decrease and the heat would cool to the desired temp? but still need the flame symbol showing whatever i decreased it to?
As i've already said once i decrease it passed 26 the symbol disappears causing the heating to go off! Must be the most frustrating thing i've ever been trying to do as for some reason the previous owner decided to put the boiler in the loft??? god only knows why? and im having to climb up and down to see if its getting a signal.

no the flame symbol is telling you that the boiler has been told to heat the house.

you set the temp to the desired level and leave it to do its thing.

do you have the instructions for it?

if not google rf2 digistat and choose the second one on the list, its a pdf you can save to your computer. sorry i dont know how to link direct to it here.

This is another problem - i dont have the instructions as when i moved in to my house the instructions were not left! But i will download it from google!

Thanks very much mate!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back