Drayton HTS3 wiring advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone please advise on what wires should be present on a Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat? I have a 2 zone valve system (1 for HW and 1 for CH). The HW comes on but doesn't seem to switch off, looking at the wiring, should there be a wire on the satisfied terminal?. There is only 2 wires present, see attached pic.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 387
Sponsored Links
That is wired correctly, but I don't like how close that earth wire is to the live link. It should have a connector on it, also there should be some brown sleeving on the blue wire.

As to why it's not turning off it could be a number of things.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The thermostat could be faulty.
The motorised valve could be sticking.
You may have the cylinder stat set higher than the thermostat on the boiler, so it will never reach the temperature you have it set to.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
As above , if your cylinder stat is set higher than the on-board boiler stat, then the HW will never go off, unless the timer tells it to

• Thanks
Are you saying it keeps firing up for hot water regardless of cylinder thermostat, not going off on programmer? More information please.

Hi all, thanks for the replies, I popped to Screwfix and bought a new one, which was an easy swap out. Seems fine now so it was probably sticking as the wheel inside was stiff and not moving freely.
Appreciate the responses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back