Drayton LP241 issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello would somebody be able to help?

Hi, i currently have a Drayton LP241 hw ch controller. it is set currently to HW - on (to get hot water to the tank when needed) and CH - off (being summer), well the other day the power went off temporarily at our property and since then the HW has not worked at all, boiler not firing up. But if i advance the HW-off, and the the CH-on, and put the thermostat up to max (30) i get nothing from the boiler, not firing up, if i then advance the HW-on and the change the CH-off, the boiler then fires for about 2-3 minutes, but no longer. Is the controller knackered?

HW = On / CH = Off (nothing), then HW = Off / CH = On (nothing), then HW = On / CH = Off (fires for about 2 mins).

this doing my head in, as our shower runs off the hot and cold water system, so my morning shower is cold, and i have no hot water at all (brrrrr)
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Afraid the reason you have not had any replies is your question may mean something to you but its just Gobildgook to anyone else, tell us which make and model boiler you have, do you have an S plan system or a Y plan system (two zone valves =S plan 1 Three way valve =Y plan system? or take some pics of the boiler and the controls usually in the same cupboard as the HW cylinder

Hello ianmcd,
thanks i will get some pictures later.

if it helps at all, the boiler is a servowarm savanah, with an install date of 1989??, the cylinder has a pump & drayton mid valve acuator?

As i say, it was fine until the power went off.

pics to follow

thanks

Sponsored Links
As far as I can remember the Servowarm boilers were a rebadged manufacturers boiler possibly glow worm, cant really remember but some one on here will be able to tell us, and you have Y plan system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back