Installing nest, help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal classic boiler and a lifestyle LP241 programmer, no thermostat on the system. I can turn heating and water on and off separately or together.

I want to swap the programmer for the nest heatlink and then control it with the nest thermostat third gen (which says it can control hot water).

My existing programmer has the following wires.
Live
Neutral
Earth

HW ON
CH ON
HW OFF

The heatlink appears to ask for four wires, hence my confusion. It asks for CH Call for heat (i presume this means on), CH common, HW call for heat and HW common. On the basis that hte old programmer had only got a connection to heating on, i connected CH ON from the programmer to call for CH call for heat, HW ON to HW call for heat and HW OFF to HW common. What am i missing?

Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you refer to the search function this topic has been covered about 30 odd times previous, your welcome.

Link Live to CH common and HW common. Everything else is blatantly obvious

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back