Drayton MA1 issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I went to have a look at a friend's heating system that was playing up. The HW taps were only luke warm and radiators were getting very hot even though the room thermostat was set to the lowest setting.

Based on this, I am thinking it is an issue with the diverter valve. The plastic manual actuator on the MA1 seems to be broken and moves losely around, so this is something that definitely needs replacing, however I'm not sure about the body of the valve itself. I removed the head and tried operating the valve spindle myself using pliers. The spindle is turning by a very limited amount - somewhere around 20 degrees end-to-end I would guess. Is this the normal rotation that should be expected for this valve or is it blocked?

Also, would it be a like-for-like replacement to replace the valve with a Honeywell diverter without changing the Drayton programmer? I get the impression that the Honeywell are more durable.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Spindle movement on the Drayton valve is quite limited so providing it moves easily enough it's probably fine. If you did want to swap the whole valve for Honeywell, the wiring is the same with same colours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back