Drayton miGenie programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning. I've recently changed the setting on my meGenie programmer from auto to manual and I've noticed the green light on the programmer will randomly come on and fire the boiler up for about 30 seconds when the thermostat isn't calling for any heat. I did wonder if a factory reset may cure this although I can't locate the factory reset within the menu as it doesn't appear to be in the location as shown in the manual. Any advice on how to do this or suggestions as to why it may be randomly firing the boiler would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
So I've done some more monitoring and I now believe this isn't simply a random event but the TPI setting turning the boiler on and off for around 1 minute at 10 minute intervals per hour as it is set to a max of 6 cycles. I'm assuming this is due to the set point temperature being reached and it is trying to maintain it. As I've set the thermostats to manual to maintain the set temperature it seems to constantly cycle at 6 times per hour unless there's some solar gain during the day which lifts the room temp by 0.5C. Some radiators don't seem to be receiving any heat with the flow temperature so low and the pump not running for long, I also wouldn't have thought this is very efficient with such a short run time as the water will not have fully circulated and a large proportion of heat may be getting lost under floor etc. I'm also using a weather compensator will adjusts the flow temperature.

Is there anyway to have the boiler run for longer so that it makes some meaningful difference?

I have this regularly occur overnight. I set a minimum overnight temperature but despite the temperature not falling anywhere close to it, the boiler will fire up for 30 seconds or so. Not only is this very wasteful of gas, it is really taking its toll on the boiler. I’ve already had to add a run-on timer to mitigate the ‘kettling’ and am now considering adding a basic ON/OFF time switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back