Drayton Radiator Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have radiators in my house which have really old Drayton thermostatic valves - does anyone know if it is still possible to obtain parts for these?

I have some operating instructions for the radiator valves which identify the valve type as Drayton 73-03 (stated as "previously S.215 & S.233") - the instructions are identified as Issue "A" January 1972. This suggests the valves could be up to 36 years old!

My problem is that one of the thermostatic "setting knobs" which has a "built in sensor" is broken and I would like if possible to be able to replace it in preference to replacing the whole valve, which will necessitate draining the system.

Can anyone help, please?

Sponsored Links
like this //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

but you will probably find that, even if you can get parts to fit, it works out more expensive than buying a set of complete new valves.

I recently replaced my old Honeywell TRVs with Drayton TRV4s which seem good and smart, but there is a comparable TRV by Danfoss (RAS c2) which looks just as good but without the chrome knob, and is cheaper. they also do a very neat-looking lockshield.

I am just a householder.

Sponsored Links
Hi nickso and JohnD,

Thank you for your replies. I neglected to mention that I am currently renting the house so don't have immediate access to photograph the rad valves. However, I will be going to the house this weekend, so will get some pictures for anyone interested in seeing early predecessors to the current TRVs.

Thank you also for identifying link for uploading pictures - I'll give this a shot...

Regards,

Alastair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back