Drayton receiver / valve problems - central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I understand many folks have had problems with the dreaded drayton receivers not relaying to the valve actuators. I'm one of them! My Digistat sends the signal to the receiver and the receiver light comes on, but the boiler does not. Sometimes it does make that click sound in the valve and the boiler does come on. Most of the time it does not click at all, so no heat. Of course I can override the thing manually but its impractical long term.
Now I do not know this for sure, but having researched on the net, I think the problem may relate to the receiver not sending a high enough voltage to the relay switch in valve actuator. Does this make sense? Another website suggests that 24 volts is needed on the coil of the relay, but sometimes the voltage drops, which would explain why the the blasted thing works when it feels like it.

Does anyone know what causes the voltage to drop and how best to fix this problem. Cheers all :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back