Drayton RT212 TRV head broke off - problem solved.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
History; Over a 15month period I changed all my Central heating radiators. The replacement radiators all came with a free Drayton RT212 thermostatic valves. The hot water and central heating system has worked perfectly since.
But a few days ago an RTV valve head was bumped by the hoover and snapped off!
Examination showed a tiny weep of water coming up the valve stem. Attaching an old blue transit cap overnight confirmed the leak.
Removing the valve (the smaller hex) revealed two black rubber O rings, with the lower ring twisted and partially crushed.
I replaced both O rings, tested the valve over 4 days and I have no leakage with the new RTV head working perfectly.

The O ring seals I used were Nitrile 70 from Simply Bearings = 1.5mm thick x 10mm & 2mm thick x 3mm. Cost was £3.45/10
A replacement Drayton RT212 Integral Sensor Head from Screwfix = £10.96 vat inc.

I hope this is of assistance to anyone with similar problems.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back