drayton valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help. I have a fairly new ( 2 years old) complete hot water and central heating system. The only problem now is that the central heating comes on when only the hot water is on.

I have a drayton ma1 3 - port mid position valve and actuator. The actuator slider on the side moves to the correct positions when is supposed to but I am still getting hot water to the rads when the slider goes to the hot water side. I have taken off the actuator and turned the spindle but still the same.Does this indicate a valve fault as I am only able to turn it about 30 degrees which does'nt seem much to me.

Please post your comments Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if the pointer is pointing to w
and the heating side pipe is still getting hot then the port is blocked with crud stopping it fully shutting or the paddle is faulty in the valve.
or check the spring inside is pulling it fully closed.

Sounds like your valve is passing, reasonably common and likely if your CH system wasn't flushed properly when it was installed. There is not a great deal of movement on the spindle with a 3port valve.

Sounds like you need a new valve body mate.

Thanks for the replies.

Would it be best to renew the valve and actuator or just valve. Also any way of getting round draining all rads and tanks to fix new valve. Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the actuators fine keep it.
i would check the valve first maybe just crud in the port.

you can bung the system but if its your first one i would just drain it.
save any major floods.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back