Drayton Wiser - heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I have had drayton wiser installed a few days ago when the kitchen was being re done.

The electrician fitted everything and I checked the hot water and it was all fine.mgiven the high temperatures, I did not check whether central heating fires up or not until today.

Unfortunately, the green light turns on but not the boiler.

The hot water is working fine, but its the heating that is not comming on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks,
B

Sponsored Links
I purchased the Wiser system starter Kit-1

My electrician fitted the system Friday afternoon.

I downloaded the App, set up the Hub and the 2 Drayton Wiser thermostats. So far so good, they are all visible for their rooms, the flame icon shows when a valve is calling for heat, the hub lights are on for setup and heating. All should be well but there is no heating!

The Boiler is a Worcester condensing combi-boiler, the hot water works but there is no heating?

As I purchased the kit with two radiator thermostats to get the system running, before adding more, I then turned the existing TRV on another radiator to maximum. No heating and the boiler is not even firing up? The boiler is set for heating 24/7.

Any comments or suggestion gratefully received. Thank you.

PJ

Sponsored Links
I would have thought so the electrician has fitted LED's throughout our home and a new consumer unit, he is a reputable company. I think I will contact him again tomorrow I don't know what else could be causing the issue.

Thanks for your comments

Sorry misread, thought I read do you think it is wired correctly. Just reread your comment, I think it must nbe the wiring everything in the App seems correct. The boiler worked correctly with the Draytom Combo Boiler room stat before the Wiser was fit.

I understand your point Dan, but he a reputable electrian, he has done many jobs for us and he was round fitting LED lights for us so it made sense to ask him.

UPDATE

Electrician called back end of his working day today, checked wiring and added a link, small change to boiler and it is working. Drayton Wiser technical were very helpful and provided enough information for him to know what to do to get the system to work.

One helpful bit of advice they gave, I add here for others who may experience similar...

'The Worcester Greenstar 32cdi has inbuilt controls that can override the Wiser system. We strongly recommend to consult this with your installer, as we cannot advise on wiring.'

I hope your electrician was Gas Safe registered and carried out his 26.9 Curtis agree monkeying around inside that boiler? :LOL:

And thanks for confirming it was indeed a wiring fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back