Drayton Wiser Thermostat Kit 2 on Combi Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Does anyone know if the Drayton Wiser Thermostat Kit 2 (2 channel) can be used on a Combi Boiler?
I know the Kit 2 is meant for Biflo Central Heating and Hot Water but I only want/need the central heating control (which is usually Kit 1)
I've inherited a Kit 2 so hoping to use it.
Currently have a Baxi 830 with a basic wall Thermostat that's all wired back into a central block along with the Fused Spur.
The Drayton instructions only seem to show the diagram for a 2 channel install.
Any help is appreciated, looks like a decent bit of kit if it would work..

Sponsored Links
Yes, it should be ok to do. Just need to take a L N and E to the Wiser (E in a connector block) and the switch live back to the boiler, so heating on (terminal 4) at the Wiser and terminal 1 on the boiler switch live. Do this using heat resistant flex 0.75mm minimum and 4 or 5 core.

What you need web mindful of with newer Baxi’s that removing the cover forms part of the combustion circuit needs to be checked for safety afterwards

Yes, it should be ok to do. Just need to take a L N and E to the Wiser (E in a connector block) and the switch live back to the boiler, so heating on (terminal 4) at the Wiser and terminal 1 on the boiler switch live. Do this using heat resistant flex 0.75mm minimum and 4 or 5 core.

What you need web mindful of with newer Baxi’s that removing the cover forms part of the combustion circuit needs to be checked for safety afterwards

Thank you.
Currently there is a block/box about 2 metres away from the Baxi with a 5 core cable going to the Baxi.
Brown, Blue, Green/Yellow go to the L/N/E labelled terminals in the block/box fed from the Fused Spur, then Black is labelled "Switched Live" and Grey is labelled "Switched Return"
From what you're saying I can wire the Wiser to the usual L/N/E, then connect CH ON (4) to the Black "Switched Live" from the Baxi and leave the Grey "Switched Return" from the Baxi with nothing connected to it?
I don't think I'll need to open/touch the Boiler at all if the above is correct.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Thank you.
Currently there is a block/box about 2 metres away from the Baxi with a 5 core cable going to the Baxi.
Brown, Blue, Green/Yellow go to the L/N/E labelled terminals in the block/box fed from the Fused Spur, then Black is labelled "Switched Live" and Grey is labelled "Switched Return"
From what you're saying I can wire the Wiser to the usual L/N/E, then connect CH ON (4) to the Black "Switched Live" from the Baxi and leave the Grey "Switched Return" from the Baxi with nothing connected to it?
I don't think I'll need to open/touch the Boiler at all if the above is correct.
Sounds about right, although the switched return might be the one you connect to ch on rather than switched live, just people use different terminology. I call it live out and switched or live return.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back