Dresser Makeover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We saw this dresser on the side of the road, we decided to pick it up and make it over within 24 hrs. The total cost of this project was $7.80 AUD and that was for the knobs, everything else including the undercoating and painting I had already from a past project.

It's nothing overly exciting , but I do like the way it turned out and the fact that it cost me next to nothing!

Sponsored Links
Many people in the rest of the world also do that, getting and old bit of furniture from Freecycle or Freegle - I have several bits of furniture that I have stripped down, restained, varnished etc to return them to working life. More to do yet too.

Good on ya for doing it - I am sure that it is better built than most of the flatpack rubbish available today.

If you don't mind me asking but why did you decide that it had to be done in 24 hours?
Looks ok though

If you don't mind me asking but why did you decide that it had to be done in 24 hours?
Looks ok though

Valid point, might have a partner like mine, she drives me nuts if DIY takes longer than she wanted it to. It does look really good though. I did something similar and had to sand down a £10 table I got that I thought was a bargain. Turns out hand sanding a table is not quite as fun as it may seem and takes ages.

So I bought this sander making my bargain table not quite the bargain I wanted! Never mind it was just an excuse to buy the sander!

Sponsored Links
I must admit it didn't work as well as I was hoping. This explains it. I will have to check that one out too! I'm sure I can find another reason.

I used a palm sander, worked very well.

Just buy a lot of sanding discs, mask & goggles & do it outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back