Dri-coat experience anyone??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, as the title suggests, had anyone used dri-coat before, what does it behave like??

Sponsored Links
bu**er, i have never used sand cement, and am quite aprehensive of wasting my time with it and having to hire a skip to put it in when it all falls off the walls.

Never uses it either, usually s&c on damp for me, but I have used Limelite, which had a tough skim coat.

A quick look in the BG site shows you skim dry coat with board finiish, so at least you should not have a problem there.

do you have any small areas to try it on first - I would suggest not to mix up more than one bag at a a time and just do one wall at a time in case it is the kind of thing that goes off suddenly or quickly. Make sure all your angles and lines are cut down as soon as it will take it, in case it catches you out. There is cement in it, so I suppose it will be hard when it sets.

I imagine it will work out a lot more expensive than S&C? It might be the time to try that for the first time rather than something else for the first time?

Sponsored Links
well it is about £12 a bag.

the only thing with the s&c is that i have read all the newbie horror stories on here. I think i have got most the tools to try s&c although should i invest in another trowel, i dont wanna wreck my tyzack SS one??

Sweet, well that gives me a trip to wickes for some plastering sand and cement next week, i will try a small patch first. although thinking out lound here, i only need to go 4 foot up and then back on the bonding for the top if i am struggling with s&c.

As with most things, the prepping is viatal, annd don't try to put too much on together. I'm sure if you have a littlle search around teh forum you'll dig up a bit advice, if not come back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back