Dri Wall Adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a few walls I want to D&D boards to however efflorescence is showing low down in a few areas. Just wondering if adding a small amount of waterproofer to the dri wall max would help.

The walls were not damp, the plaster was still firm (although blown) but in the odd place is traces of efflorescence, it's probably not worth worrying about but I only really want to do the job once this decade! :LOL:

I did consider putting a inch thick strip of wood along the bottom of the wall, screwing the bottom of the plasterboard to this and d@d the rest, which I have successfully done before on some strange half brick/half stud wall i have upstairs.

p.s - no obvious source of damp, if indeed it is actually damp.

Sponsored Links
hack it off up too a meter high then dry coat it then d&d m8 sorted
or membrain then batton the walls and plasterboard it

Waterproofer is for adding to render etc , not adhesive-

TA has two good options for you (you can use waterproof sand and cement was well)

The Dri-Wall adhesive and waterproofer was a suggestion from someone else who claims it works but I was a bit dubious, certainly wouldn't want to do a room and fit it makes a weaker bond or similar.

TM - So apply the dri-coat up to 1m, then D&D onto this using smaller dabs at the bottom? The room is totally stripped of plaster at the moment btw.

Sponsored Links
If completely stripped i would would scratch coat the lot with waterproofed sand an cement then dot and dab

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back