dried blood stain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dog just came in heat. 3 spots blood on white cotton bedspread. Tried soap & bleach. Then tried amonia & peroxide. Still there. Expensive spread - Help !!color=green]

Sponsored Links
Try "Goof Off" its a product you can buy in the hardware store. It smells terrible, so wear a mask. I would use a q-tip to apply. Also, follow the directions closely.

Eazy peazy. Our white cotton covered duvet had five blood patches on it. Unfortunately, 'her indoors' then put it in the washing machine on a hot wash which just made it worse. "Take it to the dump" she commanded.

Always the miser, I thought I'd have a go at removing the stains. At each stain I pulled the cotton covering away from the filling, dampened it with a little cold water, then applied neat household bleach on a rag, straight from the bottle (wearing rubber gloves of course). To my amazement, after rubbing each stain for no more than a couple of minutes, they disappeared completely. I then held the patches under a running tap to rinse away any remaining bleach and dried them with a towel. :D

Sponsored Links
I don't think that Udhi is referring to the Op but is referring to Clockmans response.

cant be.

Udhi, posted after JohnD made the comment.

Udhi posted his comment the next day after JohnD pointed out to clockman his reply was too late

Nope looks logical to me. Dead thread revived with an answer. Someone (JohnD) says "too late" someone new (Udhi) finds the thread and says no its not because the answer is relevant to a problem they have.

Nope looks logical to me. Dead thread revived with an answer. Someone (JohnD) says "too late" someone new (Udhi) finds the thread and says no its not because the answer is relevant to a problem they have.

Thats the way I saw it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back