drill bits for wood available in SDS+ format?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i have a Bosch "Blue" power / hammer drill (forget which exact model, but recommended to me on here and VERY happy with it).

to avoid fiddling round with a chuck to use "regular" drill bits, i would like to use SDS+ bits instead...

are these generally available for wood?

the ones i see are either obviously for masonry / with hammer use, or i am unsure and don't want to order online.

i am looking for fairly standard DIY use sizes, with drill bits of say 3mm up to something like 12-15mm, and ideally the longer length bit so i can drill through wood which might be thicker than the odd bit of 2"x2".

use would be intermitent DIY, and most likely treated soft wood rather than hard wood.

many thanks,

Nick

Sponsored Links
I think you'll find most wood bits either round or hexagon shank...this is probably because you wouldn't use an impact setting on a wood drill - the spline on the SDS system allows this.
John :)

hi,

yes i know you don't use hammer setting for wood.

my drill has hammer and "regular" - i am using the latter.

my original question still stands...

N

Sponsored Links
"to avoid fiddling round with a chuck"
maybe DIY is not for you :LOL:

ck do a range of 4 flute wood bits from 16mm with sds fitting
castle tools do a range of sds augers
for small sizes you can get a trend snappy adaptor which converts sds to snappy so you can use any snappy wood bits

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back