Drilling bath tap holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to fit a new acrylic bath but will need to drill a couple of holes for the tap bath filler. I assume there's special drill bitsfor this job? Anyone know what these are called or is it just a regular holesaw? Any tips on how to do this... I guess I only get one crack at it :eek:

Sponsored Links
Put some masking tape on the area you're putting the taps, I use a sharp fast bit on a slower speed, allow a couple of mm bigger than the tap stem diameter, you can also use a hole cutter.

They're not that bad to drill. I presume your hole saw has a pilot drill in the middle. If not i can't reccomend enough to go buy one. Leave the cellophane on the bath and mark out with felt pen. Dont press too hard when drilling.

Sponsored Links
Make sure when positioning the holes that the tap back nuts will fit flush under the bath and not on the start of the curve.

Put masking tape over the whole area because when the pilot drill goes through, the hole saw can sometimes catch and jump and might damage the surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back