drilling into tiles to secure toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have an sds drill...6mm bit... would it be best to get a diamond drill bit.. do i use drill first and then hammer after you get a grove goin in it

Sponsored Links
if its ceramic you defo dont need an SDS or hammer action drill, some ceramics you can get away with a masonary bit, but you may be best off using either a diamond tipped bit or a tile drill, just dont drill to fast or you could burn the bit out, let the drill do the work

if its ceramic you defo dont need an SDS or hammer action drill, some ceramics you can get away with a masonary bit, but you may be best off using either a diamond tipped bit or a tile drill, just dont drill to fast or you could burn the bit out, let the drill do the work

Sponsored Links
is there an echo in here....

i brought a pack of tile drills from wickes and they will drill through tiles again and again easier than any other dril bit.

i use these through the tile then a std suitable drill to drill the rest.

hammer on tiles might not be the best advice, as imo could easily crack the tile.

have an sds drill...6mm bit... would it be best to get a diamond drill bit.. do i use drill first and then hammer after you get a grove goin in it

just drill without the hammer action. all the way through the tile..

hahahaha believe it or not, the first one showed up as a blank post on my PC, as did the second, when the 3rd showed up blank i just logged off, log in now and low and behold 3 posts, you would`nt believe it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back