Dripping kitchen monoblock tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey if a monoblock kitchen lever tap is dripping. Is it hard to get a new cartridge for this? As it isn't just a case of changing a washer because there ceramic discs.?

Sponsored Links
Its a single lever one though. I have repaired monoblock mixer taps that have a separate lever for the hot and cold by taking the ceramic disc part out and getting a new one from the merchants. But never a single lever mixer the tap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks do they sell these at plumbers merchants? Looking by the price of them it won't be much cheaper then putting a new tap in

The sell some but may need ordered in. Again though, it's finding the correct one that's the issue. A new tap may indeed be cheaper.

I once had this with a monoblock tap in our bathroom. Being a tightfisted git, I thought I'd take out the cartridge, disassemble it, clean each of the discs and re-assemble it.

Good idea. Did all of the above and added a little plumbers' grease, then re-assembled it. It wouldn't fully turn off!

It took me a good while to figure out what had happened: I had put the discs back in the wrong order, or one might have been the wrong way around, I can't remember now. Eventually, I got it right and it hasn't leaked for years.

If you feel like going down this route, for God's sake make careful notes of what goes where!

Thanks is it always the same sized whole in the sink. So any monoblock kitchen tap will fit

Thanks do you guys have any issues using the supplied flexis with monoblock taps? Just heard a few people slagging of flexis before.

Thanks do you guys have any issues using the supplied flexis with monoblock taps? Just heard a few people slagging of flexis before.

I fitted a new sink earlier this year. I had never done this sort of thing before. I found no problems with the flexible hoses. The only thing was that I had to cut the copper pipes shorter. I'd definitely recommend a pipe cutter rather than relying on a hacksaw.

Much easier and less hassle to buy a new tap.

Andy
Thanks so a monoblock with a single lever you'd recommend a new tap as the cartridge is hard to get. But for a mixer that has two 1/4 turn levers, are the ceramic cartridge valves pretty easy to get for these?

The cartridges are (probably) not hard to get for either tap if you know exactly which one you need. Although the cost of a cartridge, for either tap, may not be much different to buying a new tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back