dripping shower bar .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my shower head is dripping when its turned off , its a triton thermostatic bar and looking on here the general thoughts are they are poor quality and not worth replacing the cartridge ?.

i have a replacement ready to fit , i measured it all up as best as i could and the orig shower was installed by dad who was a plumber all his working life so im assuming everything was standard fittings (hot on the left 150mm space from pipe center to center) etc , now as he is no longer here to ask i have to replace said item .

the boiler is a combi boiler a worcester 28i junior , and my thoughts were :-

1. turn water off at the mains.
2. turn the shower and taps on in the bathroom and run the water out.
3. remove the old mixer bar.
4. clean up and dry the off set thingies (i dont think there is a need to replace these) and replace the ptfe.
5, fit new mixer.
6. slowly turn the water back on to about 1/3 pressure.
7. check for leaks.
8. slowly increase the pressure to full and again check for leaks.
9. if needed repeat steps 1 ,2 , 4 , 6 , 7 and finally 8 , but im hoping it wont come to that.

is there anything extra i should do ?.

thanks in advance for any replies to this as im sure its been asked many times.

Sponsored Links
Sounds good to me, can t think of anything extra.

cheers for the reply.
i was a bit concerned about the boiler would it know theres no water to heat up etc but im guessing (or hoping) that there is a thing inside like a propeller for want of a better word that gets spun when the water is called by a tap and then tells the boiler to turn on to heat up said water ?.

If it’s the Greenstar junior it has a turbine, so yes it knows there’s no demand.

Sponsored Links
dunno about greenstar it just has 28i junior on it.

but thanks for clarifying it for me , id rather ask ppl that know more than i do rather than charging in and .......

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back