Shower constantly dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A neighbour has a mixer shower that constantly drips when not in use.

It's the type with just the 2 knobs mounted on the tiles and the pipework is behind the tiling.

Im assuming the on/off cartridge has worn and is passing a small amount of water when in the off position.

The thermostatic mixer cartridge was replaced a few years ago and I assume that if it was leaking it wouldn't cause the shower to drip but just cause issues with the heat?

I've found a correct replacement on/off cartridge but just wanted to check that is the likely culprit before ordering it?

Kind regards
Chris

Sponsored Links
The thermostatic mixer cartridge was replaced a few years ago and I assume that if it was leaking it wouldn't cause the shower to drip but just cause issues with the heat?

I've found a correct replacement on/off cartridge but just wanted to check that is the likely culprit before ordering it?

Almost certainly, it will be the cause. Before assuming, it needs to be replaced, check it out for limescale. If the cartridge suffer limescale build-up, that can prevent them properly sealing. Soaking in citric acid or simple lemon juice, will safely dissolve it without damage.

Had the cartridge out this morning to identify it, it's quite clean and free moving so can only be wear in the moving parts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back