On-off cartridge bar shower mixer



A neighbour asked me to help him out. His shower head drips on his bar shower mixer. The mixers that have the thermostat on the right and the on-off/flow control on the left. I looked at it after removing the on-off cartridge. the blue washer at the end of the cartridge looked worn so I turned it over and it solved the problem. The "washer" is far from standard and it looks like a whole new cartridge would be needed if the drip reoccurs. There is no makers name on the bar mixer.

Are these on-off cartridges a standard item?
If so where can they be obtained?
Is the just the washer easily obtained?

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Go to showerdoc.com. Send a picture of the shower to them with a description of the problem

They will identify the shower and advise you on what parts you may need.

I can highly recommend them
The on-off cartridge looks very much like this:

The whole thing is around £17. Can just the blue washer be bought. It seems pointless to change a whole cartridge when only the blue washer is needed.

Sponsored Links
You may be able to get them somewhere, but is it worth your time looking for the sake of 17 quid :)
You may be right, but if a seller is only selling a washer for a pound or two??? This mixer is only about 18 months old, so replacing cartridge every year or two is not economically viable.
Triton showers are cheap carp in the first place. When they break they normally get thrown in the bin so you have been very lucky it is an economical repair at 17 quid! Shower prob only cost about 70 quid trade price in the first place ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links