Aqualisa bar mixer thermostatic cartridge problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping you guys can help me again.
So no hot water coming from shower, although hot water coming from taps and ensuite. Had a Google and could be cartridge problem, took mixer bar off, cleaned filter, took out cartridge and realised the white plastic end cap for cartridge was off and still in the mixer bar.
Now trying to get this cap out is a nightmare, it seems to be the same size as the hole to get out the bar and i've been at it for about an hour now with needle nose pliers and various others tools that i have (not many mind)
It's the white plastic screwed insert on the end of the cartridge.
aqual-518101_v2.jpg

Now i realise if i can't get it out then i need a new shower bar but i'm hoping that this is the problem.
Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Using the supplied image as a guide, it looks like the beige end cap is that to which you refer. If this is the case it certainly looks to be a smaller diameter than the o-ring seals that precede it and, yes, it should have come out with the control/thermostat. I can only suggest that it has twisted within the body, so you must straighten it up before you try to pull it out.
It may be possible to use a large diameter drill bit to both align the nut and gain some purchase on this plastic end cap so that you can rotate and pull at the same time.
Good luck!

Before getting mediaeval on it and trying something destructive, which is usually where one ends up :sneaky:

I'd give AquaLisa a call and explain the situation and ask their advice... as this is supposed to be a serviceable part, you may get some joy from them... Worth a phonecall methinks (y)

Sponsored Links
Cheers for replies guys, gave up and ended up ordering new shower bar, also realised that the metal filters/gauze around the cartridge was also off. Once the new one is up and running (hopefully) i'll try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back