Dripping Shower Cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our shower head has been dripping for a time and I am going to change the cartridge on the flow valve.

The shower is a Triton Mimosa but all spares for this are now discontinued so I have bought a GROHE 45869000 Concealed Headpart which has been suggested as a compatible replacement. The only issue if the the washed at the end of the valve is thicker than the original and when I tried it initially it was dripping slightly from the O-ring due I think to my not being able to compress the O-ring enough to make a good seal.

I still have the original valve with the thinner washer so it might be possible to do a swap so the O-ring gets compressed more due to the slightly shorter overall length of the valve.

I have now spread some Flomasta Leak Sealant around the thread and O-ring. Should this make a permanent repair?

My other question regards the two ball valves which isolate the shower. If I need to replace these (I think one may not be closing properly) could I use something like Artic Hayes Pipe Freezer if I can't locate the stop valve. I've never used it before but it would make life easier especially if it worked OK with the hot pipe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back