Dripping shower driving me crazy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have a Triton Luca mixer shower that I've had for about 5 years.

ae235

About 2 months ago a small drip started coming from the shower head which has gotten progressively worse. If I turn the flow up or down slightly (using the dial on the left of the above picture) it can reduce how much water is coming through, i'm only turning this 1 or 2mm each way to do this but it wont stop it completely and eventually it gets worse until I turn it again. I've now taken to leaving the shower head in the bath.

I've taken the shower off the wall and replaced the flat washers on the inlet pipes. I then put it back up and same thing is happening. So I then took off the mechanic headwork which looks like this
15286.jpg

since that what was underneath the dial which was increasing or reducing the amount of dripping.

Taking this headwork off and it looks in perfect condition. Washer looks brand new and the gate that opens and closes to let the cold water through appears to be closing fully when turned all the way round.

The whole shower head looks good and the washers where the hose connects at both ends look brand new,

Does anyone have any suggestions what may be the problem? The headwork sells as spare for about £20 so don't mind replacing that. Just would like to know if that is the most likely solution or not?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks, thought that would be the case, just didn't want to jump to conclusions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back