Dripping Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 39030
I have a kitchen tap not to dissimilar to the one shown, obviously from the title its dripping,I have removed the spout and replaced the O ring but it's still dripping, more from the cold side,have I missed something obvious?

Sponsored Links
yes the innards of the tap are passing not the spigot or o-ring, looking at the pic it probably has ceramic disk style tap washers that need to be replaced.

So I takes the tap to pieces to get the ceramic thingy out takes it to a local merchant's they haven't got one in store but an old boy in there said to take it home and soak it in vinegar as there might be a bit of grime inside it,I've now put in back and it's no longer dripping for how long who know's but hey!.

Sponsored Links
At least it got you going, if you are in a hard water area you may be doing it more often ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back