dripping swan neck mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help me ? I have removed the neck of the mixer tap and replaced the two o rings but the tap is still dripping .. HELP it's driving me crazy !

Sponsored Links
When you say dripping, do you mean leaking/weeping from join between neck and tap body where it swivels? Where did you source O rings from? From tap manufacturer?

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me, No it's not leaking from the base of the swan neck , it's dripping from the spout. I bought the 0 rings from a local repair shop, took the original with me to make sure I got the right size.
The ones that I took off seemed worn and flat compared to the new ones and felt raised once in position.
Thank again Ros

So the problem is that one or both of the taps is letting water pass. Depends on what type of taps you have as to the solution.

Can you post a pic?

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks for getting back to me, No it's not leaking from the base of the swan neck , it's dripping from the spout. I bought the 0 rings from a local repair shop, took the original with me to make sure I got the right size.
The ones that I took off seemed worn and flat compared to the new ones and felt raised once in position.
Thank again Ros

Is it a constant drip or does it stop eventually?
This type of spout 'retains' a certain amount of water, some of which can/will drip for a while after the tap has been turned off.

The O rings fitted were to the spout and will only fix a leak from the swivel part of the spout.

There umptydozen different types of CD (ceramic disc) cartridges on the market.
The chances of the one on ebay fitting are therefore umptydozen to one.

There are pages full of them on Lunns website:
http://www.shop.lunns.net/ceramic-disc-valves-42-c.asp

If you know the manufacturer/model of tap, you have a chance of getting the ceramic cartridge that will stop your drip. Maybe you have the instruction sheet, this may have info re. spares.

Next step is to take out the cartridge and source one (maybe) from the Lunns link in Charnwood's post.

However, if it's a budget tap, many give up long before pursuing these options and get a new tap.

The sink and taps are both Franke and were quite expensive, have taken the hot water side one off will take to the plumbing suppliers and buy .. Wish me luck .. I may need it !!
Thanks AGAIN

Bought two of the ceramic cartridges and have successfully fitted them :p
Thank you so much for all the advice. Feeling REALLY pleased with myself.As a single mum of four I've probably saved quite a bit of money.
Will definitely be on here again .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back