Swan neck mixer tap, weeping at base of neck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Swan neck mixer tap in kitchen, weaping at base of neck.

I saw on another swan neck mixer tap that you could remove neck by taking out screw at base to change the O-ring.

On my mixer tap I cannot seen any screw to remove or other way to remove the neck to change any O-ring, if possible.

Can I fix this weaping on my mixer tap & is there a way to get to any O-ring present to replace ??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
On some taps turning the swan neck to one side (usually at about the end of the range of movement) allows it to be pulled out. It's a bit like a bayonet fitting on a lamp.

On some taps turning the swan neck to one side (usually at about the end of the range of movement) allows it to be pulled out. It's a bit like a bayonet fitting on a lamp.
Can you usually take off the neck on these taps ??

I have turned to one side, but neck does not seem to move when I try to pull out.

Sponsored Links
Can you ALWAYS take off the swan neck on these kitchen mixer taps ??

I have turned to one side (parallel with base), but neck does not seem to move when I try to pull up/off.

Would it come off easily without too much force ??

Thanks

they are often tight fitted and i think with rubber ring seal near bottom.

is there any give in it back and forward to walk it out???

they are often tight fitted and i think with rubber ring seal near bottom.

is there any give in it back and forward to walk it out???
Doesn't seem to be any give in any position to move swan neck up & out.

Any other ideas ??

Can you always change the O-ring seal on the swan neck on kitchen mixer taps ??

I've never failed yet to get a swan neck out. Sometimes you do have to pull very hard while wiggling. Feel for the gap in the ring, as it were.
I admit I once pulled too hard and the sink came out of the worktop.

My mate changing a washer tried to pull a stuck tap top off and knocked his front tooth out, got £15 for the job but cost £90 at the dentist. Never lived it down. :LOL:

I've never failed yet to get a swan neck out. Sometimes you do have to pull very hard while wiggling. Feel for the gap in the ring, as it were.
I admit I once pulled too hard and the sink came out of the worktop.
I have turned to one side (parallel with base), but neck does not seem to move when I try to pull up/off.

Doesn't seem to be any give in any position to move swan neck up & out.

Are you sure it hasn't got a small grub screw at rear just below swivel spout, hard to see you need to feel for it.

If it hasn't got a screw then it has to come out as already described, must just be tight.

Turn spout left in line with tap or right in line with tap and pull hard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back