Swan neck mixer tap, weeping at base of neck

If it hasn't got a screw then it has to come out as already described, must just be tight.

Turn spout left in line with tap or right in line with tap and pull hard.
I still haven't found how to get the swan neck off, try as I might

It must be simple, but how.

Does the swan neck always come off ??

Sponsored Links
A picture of the tap would help, then we could answer your question.

looks like the spout would definately pull out...

although is it worth all the effort you're going to, look how grubby it is! just change the tap :LOL:

Sponsored Links
looks like the spout would definately pull out...

although is it worth all the effort you're going to, look how grubby it is! just change the tap :LOL:
I've tried pullng spout out, with no success, will have another go.

It hasn't budged so far.

That'll just cleanup.
The water supply is shared with flat above & I don't have separate supply stop cock or isolation valves for this tap, if I take time or is other problem if I changed tap.

as previous posts say, theyre usually held in by a small "nub" that's sat in achannel - it's just a case of getting the spout in the right position so that the nub is clear of the channel (from experience, it's in the right position when it's at right angles like in your photo - try it with the spout pointing to the right too)

By the state of that picture, I would suggest you buy a new mixer, a tube of silicone and some kitchen cleaner. :LOL:

Andy

Bingo, managed to get swan kneck off !!

Not sure if these washers are now square because they are so compressed.

What type of washers do these look like or normally take ??
-circular side O-ring
-square sided O-ring

Are these standard washers you get at diy store or plumber's merchant ??

Them washers are off a bo-ing 747, lower temp rings, just under the capacitor, hard to find them, by the way, them taps are hanging,sad, 70s, you a landlord?tight ass.

They are standard o'rings you should be able to get replacements from a good merchants or even a car showroom.

They are round normally so the edge has been flattened with wear, try turning the o'ring so the round edge is on the outside and use Silicone grease on them to lubricate.

If you do need to replace them then get o'rings that are a smaller diameter and stretch over if you buy the exact diameter you will not get the spout back in.

FYI if there is no grub screw on spouts to remove them then turn over the hot tap handle and yank.

What type of washers do these look like or normally take ??
-circular side O-ring
-square sided O-ring

Are these standard washers you get at diy store or plumber's merchant ??
Looking at old O-rings, I think bottom one may be slightly smaller, but am not sure.

Is the bottom O-ring slightly smaller than top one, so that it can go through hole of top one in mixer base ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back