Dripping toilet where do I start?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Toilet constantly dripping and refilling.

Have looked at a couple of videos but can't seem to see a system that matches what I have.

What should I be looking to replace am a complete novice when it comes to this type of job.

Hoping it's a simple buy this and replace it.

tolet 2.jpg
tolet 1.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. If the water in the cistern never reaches the overflow level (the big hole in the centre of the white plastic flush valve, in the middle of the cistern), then it is the seal at the base of the flush valve.
2. The flush valve is usually fixed on a sort of bayonet fitting. Water off, push down slightly and turn 1/8 to 1/4 turn anticlockwise.
3. There will be a rubber seal on the base. Try cleaning this seal and its seating in the cistern, replace and retry. You might be able to take the seal off and reverse it.
4. If 3. doesn't work, try and identify the make / model of flush valve and get a new seal. Have a look at toiletspares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back