dripping valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of redecorating my house and have just removed all of my radiators. On one of them there is a slight drip from one of the valves even though the valve was tightly closed so I have put the radiator back on. Should I replace the valve and if so how should I do this?

Sponsored Links
should bother if its leaking out of the valve towards where the rads fits. just fit the rad back and take it off for the short time when u decorate behind it. u could leave it off and just screw in tap connector with a drain valve attached to stop it coming out

Remove the cap and give the valve a little tweak with an adjustable spanner, sometimes this is enough to stop a small leak. Alternatively pack the opening with some kitchen paper. This should hold the drip long enough to decorate. Dont forget to remove it afterwards though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back