Dripping Worcester Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is a Worcester Greenstar HE

This morning I came downstairs to find water under the boiler and a drip every 2 seconds from the silver corrugated box shown in the pic (view taken looking up). Pressure gauge dial was at nearly zero (I had toppped it up to 1 last night)

I'll get on to a plumber on Monday morning, but just so I know, can anyone hazard a guess as to the problem? What is that silver box? I cant see it leaking from the compression joint either side of it, and the staining on the box would sugest a leak for some time, though I've never noticed it.

Thanks

20161002_072631 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The silver box is a hot water plate heat exchanger ,it may have pinholed or a seal gone or it could even be above

There's an auto air vent up above there that would sound more likely.

would be surprised if plate leaking , it looks like its coming from above as looking on left side panel at bottom ( staining )

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys...we'll see what a plumber says (if I can find one!)

I take it it doesn't sound fatal (to the boiler)? could do with NOT forking out for a new boiler just now.....

Beware employing a "plumber". A boiler repair man would best suit your needs. No offence to "plumbers" intended.

It was the pressure release valve, as suggested above. That and the pressure vessel below it were replaced today by Worcester.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back