Drive way gates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to sort my driveway gate out, it normally locks at the bottom into some holes in brick but the bricks are always breaking when i bring my car in, is there any harm in digging up the bit in red all the way across and cementing in a wooden beam bolted in at each post ?

ps gate needs painting.

Attachments

• gate.jpg
    gate.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 117
Sponsored Links
I think you mean you have bolts going into the ground, but I can't see how in your pic.

If you put a piece of wood in or on the ground it will rot away.

You need to dig down and set some proper driveway edgings into concrete.

I think you mean you have bolts going into the ground, but I can't see how in your pic.

If you put a piece of wood in or on the ground it will rot away.

Fence post ? 15 year anti rot guarantee so it says.

Sponsored Links
Ian is right.

If you post some better pics I could see how.

Don't have a better pic at the moment, can you save and zoom in ? id prefer the fence post method, i know it will rot but not for a good 10 years surely and wont break away like concrete.

Are you going to dig the fence post in and sit it in concrete?

10 year guarantee for burrying it in the floor and driving a car over it?

Yes I don't trust just brick it will crumble like this has so annoying, if i remove those bricks its 7cm deep just enough for a fence post width set it in cement get it level and bolt it at each end, make it a snug fit so it supports the 2 posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back