Driveway gutter drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My driveway, and well, almost all of my garden, suffers from poor drainage. On one side i have a piece of grass that seems to drain into my garage, and the other side and rear are all higher than my house. So, I have a natural low point.

I need to accept this and try and make best of it, one by installing a soakaway - however I do have drains near the house that the guttering goes down into. I'm just very wary of channelling water towards the house unless it is nice and controlled.

I want to run a driveway channel system into one, is it just as simple as installing the channels into concrete and ensuring they are levelled so they drain into my current drainpipe drain? My driveway is a natural slope down from the main road so this seems a great way to remove some standing water.

I'm worried about leaves and stuff getting in and blocking the drain so do i just fit a filter grating?

Anyone else done this recently?

I was looking at these:

http://www.drainage-channel.co.uk/b...&network=pla&gclid=CPDzkcjFptICFeEp0wod-JcD4g

Sponsored Links
When you say your drainpipe drain do you mean a gully with a trap that holds water?

The gully will catch any leaves that get into it but try and stop them getting in anyway.

You could bodge the channel drain into the existing gully if it's clay or if it's plastic it may have a knockout for a 100mm plastic pipe. Either way you want the water to pass through a gully/trap to stop silts from the driveway getting into your drains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back