Driveway at front and side and future garage possibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I am looking at making a concrete driveway at the front of my house. wrapping around to the side. Eventually I want to build a garage on the side but until funds are available I will have to wait. Although I am thinking I could do the ground works in preperation for this in the future. Eg putting in some foundations for garage walls etc.

I know there are the drainiage rules. My current driveway drains into a gulley where my down pipe drains too. same with the path at the other end of the house. It goes into a rainwater soakaway via a catch pit that gets sucked out every few years.

Could I install a no porous driveway which drains into the same system or would it have to be porous for the regs? I am tryin to do this without the cost of getting the council involved etc.

The side of the property can drain into the soakaway at the rear. or into the drainage ditch between ours and the railway.

Am I reading the regs right or does anything over 5m2 regardless of existing drain arrangements need pp.

Tahnks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back