Leveling Driveway and Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garage on a sloping driveway. Here is a picture – side view.

fvvOoef.png

The garage has a small slope – about 2 inches front to back. The driveway is somewhat steeper. I am now proposing to extend the garage forwards by 4.2m to cover more of the driveway. I would like the whole floor to be level. At the very least I want to level the existing garage floor.

From the top of the drive, to the bottom of the garage is almost 7”. Is it practical to fill the entire space with concrete to the level of the top of the drive? First thing I see is that it would raise the garage floor above the level of the DPC. Is that a problem?

Works out at less than 3 cubic metres of concrete, so the price is not bad. Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Basically you are starting with the viewpoint that you have built a retaining wall or shutter and are casting a slab level with the garage entry point, closest to the road? How does this tie in with the existing garage roof (height)?

Yes, the DPC height could be a problem unless you plan to do something internally to mitigate.

Thanks. Garage roof height is okay. What is the concern with the DPC? Looking at my house, it seems that the internal concrete floor level is just above the DPC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back