Drain design and construction very bad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone the driveway of the house I recently brought needs a new channel drain as water is soaking underneath the garage door into the garage.

The driveway has a fall, slant towards the house so I think the channel drain should be nearest to house rather then away, also what type of channel drain is good to use?

Also the gutter for the rainwater is located in the garage, my concern is the channel drain and piping may be to deep to connect to the rainwater gutter?

Was think of the channel drain running along the length where I marked the yellow arrow, the previous channel drain is terribly designed

Any ideas or help would be great thank you

E7B73FCA-AE0C-4083-B0D6-71038DAE3086.jpeg 0186C045-17B0-4CEA-AC18-A076E0C5239F.jpeg 05C5D7C5-52EA-42DF-901F-21AFF695E078.jpeg 06555CEF-62E9-4948-9082-E74591D68A09.jpeg 8991F955-A298-411D-AFC4-762C64E74195.jpeg 66304199-7E5A-4494-8CA5-4559CBA3DA3B.png 0B1AE555-CC55-4EF8-A694-1697BA68C541.png 8AF3A845-90ED-4620-9C5A-F1105C3BA40D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Have you got washing machine waste going into an aco?

Ive not seen that one before :)

How is water getting up that step from the drive level to the top of the concrete slab?

Your problem is drainage from the channel, not the channel itself.

Sponsored Links
Ok don’t know if I have an aco or not
It doesnt matter -I was just referring to the drainage channel that seems to have a pipe discharging into it -or taking water from it I dont know.

Where does the drainage channel water go?

It’s supposed to be taking water from it and it goes to the rainwater outlet in the garage it has been made incorrectly as the channel drain should have the outlet at the bottom of the drain not above the surface, hence the reason for me needing to change it

It’s supposed to be taking water from it and it goes to the rainwater outlet in the garage it has been made incorrectly as the channel drain should have the outlet at the bottom of the drain not above the surface, hence the reason for me needing to change it

You need to find where the gully in the garage goes and connect into it.

If it comes forward and goes under the drive, that is ok, if it goes to the rear garden, you need to decide what to do.

Those old gulleys outlets are in the direction of one face of the square top you see. That counts out 2 sides ( going back under the house) so carefully put a gloved hand down the side you think and if you reach the bottom with your fingertips - it's the other one that stops short of the bottom - that's the outlet;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back