Driveway - just 2 concrete tracks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I want to put a driveway in my property, however I don't have the funds currently for a fully paved driveway, also the slope is approximately 1 in 8. I was considering just pouring 2 400mm wide concrete tracks for the cars to park on, with grass in-between until I had funds for something better. Length is approximately 8m.

One reason for doing the driveway is that there are plans for a housing development right next to me, however the entrance to the site will be where I currently park my car (I live next to a field, last house on the road). I have also seen some plans which indicate a portion of my front garden being used for the access road, which has me a bit nervous! My thinking is, with a driveway, I will be in a stronger bargaining position should the development be approved.

My question is, what are peoples opinions on this, and what sort of specs would I need for the works? I'm thinking something like 200mm concrete on 150mm hardcore, so I would need say 2m3 of concrete and 2m3 or so of hardcore, with some mesh thrown in for good measure. Is this realistic or am I over simplifying this?

Opinions welcome!

Sponsored Links
Why not dig out two tracks and form edgings with boards and infill with gravel.
Then wait and see.

Local planning will have details of future possibilities ref new roads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back