Driveway marker lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to install some marker lights for the edges of my driveway. The drive is flanked by grass on each side and the drive, itself, is asphalt. I was initially thinking of drive-over sunken lights in the drive, but that would mean quite a lot of work excavating, digging a trench on each side, etc, and patching-up afterwards (which would be visible afterwards). So, now I'm thinking of bollard lights (the type with 4 bolt holes at the bottom to secure them). These could go on the edge of the grass on each side of the drive. Trench for cable would be easy enough to dig, but how would I go about securing the bollard lights themselves? Presumably dig a hole where each light is going to go, fill each hole with concrete and bolt the lights to them when set? If that's the correct approach, how would I get the concrete bases level bearing in mind the drive is on quite a steep slope?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back