Driveway - Pressed Concrete or Resin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Below are photos of the existing shared driveway. We are widening (note where the wall has been knocked down) and want to resurface from front to back.
We don't want to spend a lot on it, have ruled out block paving, but still want a nice finish.
I haven't had any quotes yet, as I don't know anyone who has done it.
Though I have done a fair bit of googling, Paving Expert etc

Couple of questions:
1) Cost wise, is it cheapest to expensive: Tarmac, Patterned Concrete, Resin, Block paving?

2) For the Patterned Concrete and Resin, would we have to dig out all of the existing.
Just the bits that are cracked,
or as it hasn't moved in a long while, remove the loose stuff (dig out and fill the soil area properly) and go over the top?

We like the look of the Resin and want a proper job, though if the pressed concrete is much cheaper we can live with that, as this isn't our forever house.

Thanks in advance
20160427_175116.jpg
20160502_180137.jpg
20160507_174233.jpg

Sponsored Links
the pattern of sinkage and cracks makes me think there is a water leak under there. Have you got a water meter? Does the bubble ever stop turning?

Hi I haven't got a water meter. I was thinking those depressions were inline with the wheels of a vehicle. I think my neighbour used to park their van on the drive. Though they haven't since I moved there (think he moved on..)

Second question, would you bother DIY ing any of this, hiring a mini digger, skip, etc.
Or is it not worth is for savings.

Sponsored Links
From highest to lowest it would be

Resin > good PIC > block paving > tarmac> bad PIC.

An experienced PIC installer of good quliaty is good PIC and can be great but there are lots of idiots who give it a go and get it badly wrong. Once its wrong there is no fixing it.

Block paving is the only one of the above you could diy and it is very straightforward to do. There is comprehensive guides on paving expert .com

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back