Droning noise in central heating boiler

I believe that the hall sensor fitted in the fan can be used to get a reading from the control panel on the Vailant boilers. Is this correct or am i dreaming. On the Veissmann boilers if the fan speed fall outside of the correct speed the control will display F9

Sponsored Links
Gentle men please stop berating each other. offer up your own advice the OP can judge for himself who is offering good advice. only joe for the record has offered any. well done joe.

wrong on two counts.

Ben has told the op he needs an RGI in
Joe has basically told him to have a go himself.
The op doesn't know that joe isn't qualified to give that advice so can't judge for himself whether it's safe or not (it isn't).

I've told him no such thing. It's pretty well documented that forewarned on a problem is forearmed - and stops you getting ripped off.

The op simply wants to know what the LIKELY cause of his problem is.

Gentle men please stop berating each other. offer up your own advice....
Joe should not be offering advice on safety critical issues, and he has been told many a time not to do so.
Apart from that, his assessment is wrong, his solution is wrong and if my hunch that this is a late 90's Ecomax is correct, the only good advice is to get a pro in as a householder will have neither the tools nor the knowledge to sort this problem.

Sponsored Links
I've offered no advice whatsoever. The fault has been diagnosed by an RGI ON SITE.

Get over it guys, Joe-90 is always right. You should know that by now.

i just re read Joes' entries and think you should do the same. What do you think? are you qualified? I am but dont know the answer so im waiting to learn. May be some one other than Joe would like to try.

Joe i'm new to this forum and have observed that a few offer advice while many just berate and criticise. Don't be put off by the negative side of these under accomplished persons. discussion is the way to learn and some of us welcome those who are willing to do so in the true spirit of this forum.

i just re read Joes' entries and think you should do the same. What do you think? are you qualified? I am but dont know the answer so im waiting to learn. May be some one other than Joe would like to try.

If you want to learn and you are qualified apply to join the combustion chamber.

I've told him no such thing. It's pretty well documented that forewarned on a problem is forearmed - and stops you getting ripped off.

The op simply wants to know what the LIKELY cause of his problem is.

Fair enough Joe, you didn't actually tell him to do it, apologies.
So how would you test that fan then?

Tony Glazier has a stroboscopic counter. If I were an RGI - I'd get one to go with my battered old Henry.

i just re read Joes' entries and think you should do the same. ...
The only thing reading Joe's posts is good for, is having a laugh.
He has absolutely no understanding of boilers and is generally dim as a Toc H lamp.
He likes to pretend though, and comes up with answers by comparing the question posed with previous threads, and then gamble what the most likely answer is.
A clear hint to this, is that he doesn't have the foggiest about the difference between the various common versions of fans found in domestic boilers. He was asked about this earlier on in this thread, responded with a "joke" and subsequently kept schtum about it. Dito yesterday with a question about a thermistor, where all he could do was copy what he found in a wiki, but failed 100% to sum it up in his own words.
Clueless.

Tony Glazier has a stroboscopic counter. If I were an RGI - I'd get one to go with my battered old Henry.
And what sort of revs would you be looking for?
Or more to the point: what would you take as a minimum above which you'd recommend replacing the fan?

And what sort of revs would you be looking for?
Or more to the point: what would you take as a minimum above which you'd recommend replacing the fan?

I don't need to know that. If the fan is noisy then the bearings are worn and it needs changing, regardless of what the parameters are. Simples.

i just re read Joes' entries and think you should do the same. ...
The only thing reading Joe's posts is good for, is having a laugh.
He has absolutely no understanding of boilers and is generally dim as a Toc H lamp.
He likes to pretend though, and comes up with answers by comparing the question posed with previous threads, and then gamble what the most likely answer is.
A clear hint to this, is that he doesn't have the foggiest about the difference between the various common versions of fans found in domestic boilers. He was asked about this earlier on in this thread, responded with a "joke" and subsequently kept schtum about it. Dito yesterday with a question about a thermistor, where all he could do was copy what he found in a wiki, but failed 100% to sum it up in his own words.
Clueless.

I didn't copy anything. I know how they work. I know how boilers work too. They are like a heating system in a box. They aren't difficult mate. You aren't some knid of super tradesmen regardless that you think that you are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back