Drooping Bay Window Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,

I am looking into an issue we have with our bay window. It has dropped (see pics) leaving windows at odd levels and creating draiughts around window openings.

Is there a simple way of fixing this?

If not, we will replace the whole thing but id like to do it all myself. Whats the best way of preventing a reoccurance?

Thanks

Jak
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Prolly a couple of gallows brackets and a decent frame underneath to carry the windows, if there's not one already, the windows boys will be able to help determine if the frames are salvageable or not, if that was one of your queries.

You really have to wonder what was going through the designers minds when that was designed.

Get it jacked up and propped a.s.a.p before the window welds crack.
As said fit some gallows brackets and hopefully the frames straighten up.

Sponsored Links
Okay so some Gallows brackets may be the solution and if replaced it will need them anyway.

The window frame has a sort of concrete lintel and all 4 sides which protrude outwards. In order to fit a gallows bracket to the bottom, should i chop out some of the bottom concrete? I cant see its purpose there anyway. It can just be seen in one of the pics.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back